I love thinking of unique ways to upgrade something basic and turn it into something custom and special. When it comes to window treatments a small customization can go a long way. I've rounded up some of my favorite ideas to take your window treatments to a whole new level!
1. Another take on the striped curtain is to do it with smaller stripes. I really like how these stripes are spaced far apart and kept really thin. It seems like you could create this look with some Ikea curtains and ribbon.
photo via Cynthia Brooks Design
2. I love the way this roman shade is trimmed. It's a fun idea to keep the valance and the trim the same.
Miles Redd for House Beautiful
3. I think adding a color block to plain white curtains makes them extra dramatic!
image via Samantha Pynn
4. This idea takes the bottom banded color look to a new level! By adding a thinner separate band it breaks up the bottom color and the white curtains.
5. I am so blow away by this scalloped detail in a contrasting color on these window treatments. If you look closer you can see the scallop was even trimmed out in another color. I love attention to detail like that.
Photo by Laurey W. Glenn for Southern Living magazine
6. Who doesn't love a good grey key trim! You could add it in any color to a pair of white curtains and get a luxe look!
7. This curtain concept is really interesting. It looks like they did a sheer up top and maybe a silk for the rest.
8. I think we've seen that you can add color stripes any which way on curtains and it always looks fabulous! I like this idea of adding the bands of color to the top and bottom.
image via signed by Tina
9. I think the unique shape of these roman shades makes them so beautiful and I love how they are trimmed out in red to add even more drama!
image via SF Gate
10. Although you don't often see the lining I think it's a fun idea to add a bright color for a little wow factor.
11. We've seen stripes all the way up a panel but this take on the striped curtain is really unique! What a good idea to just do stripes on the lower half of the panels.
image via Lonny
12. A great pattern can really be enhanced by a dramatic color. The red on these shades totally pops off of that floral fabric.
photo via Bijou and Boheme
13. I thought the idea of adding a ruffle hem to the bottom of a curtain panel was genius! How sweet would this be in a nursery.