Thursday, January 3, 2013

Jane's Birth Story by Jessica Kettle & the Top 7 Shots to Get During a Birth



I have mentioned on my blog before that I was going to have a Birth Story done by Jessica Kettle for Jane's birth. I wanted to have a birth story for a number of reasons but the main reason was because I didn't want Josh or my family or me to have to worry about taking pictures. When Jett was born Josh was so focused on the delivery that we dont' have a lot of great pictures. 

I had seen Jessica post about her birth stories before and I was in love with the idea of having a professional document our special day. I was totally convinced after I watched her segment on Studio 5 where she explained the whole process.

I recently got the pictures back from Jessica and I've been dying to share them with you. Let me take you back to a blissful day in August...

My labor and deliveries are pretty uneventful. I have gotten induced both times. Since Josh is a pilot I don't want to risk the chance of him not being there. On Jane's birthday I just showed up, got the pitocin, had my water broken, got my epidural and then waited.... 




Jessica got there when I was dilated to about a 4. With Jett I went from a 5-10 in an hour so she was there waiting and ready. While we were waiting she took a lot of detailed shots of the hospital and my delivery room. 




The view from my delivery room was pretty nice. 



waiting and waiting...



Dr. Terry is the best!! I am hoping he decides to never retire so he can deliver all my kids. 


Josh was rubbing my foot. I was totally numb in one leg but had some feeling in the other. Weird? 


My parents and Jett came to hang out in the room with us while we waited. 






These are the shots that I just love. I never would  have been able to capture all of these precious and candid moments without Jessica there. 









This is one of my favorite pictures. When it was time to deliver I had my mom and Josh's mom stay in the room to watch Jane be born. Josh is adopted and an only child so his mom has never witnessed a birth in her life. She was so excited and so emotional! More emotional than I even was. Right before Jane was born she started to cry. It was really sweet. 






Jane's birth was pretty much seamless. She came into the world kicking and screaming. I couldn't believe how big she was! 8 lbs 3 ounces. 




When Jett came back into the room he had picked me a flower. It was a little crumbled but it was so sweet. 


My sister Nicole. 













Some people may worry that it's weird to have a complete stranger in the room with you but Jessica is totally awesome. She wants to make sure you are comfortable with having her there so if there are shots you want or don't want she'll make sure it happens.  I am so happy that we have these beautiful pictures and 50 years from now I can look back and remember every special moment of Jane's birthday.

To schedule your own birth story contact Jessica here.

Jessica has also put together her list of "must-have" shots for your babies big day!
Thanks Jessica!

Just a little update on Jane... She is now 4 months and is adorable. I just adore her. She has cheeks that go on for miles! 


To stay up to date on Jane and Jett follow me on instagram. @kirstenkrason

No comments:

Post a Comment