Friday, November 18, 2011

Feature Friday: The Lovely Cupboard



I love the name of Heather's blog, the Lovely Cupboard. It has such a nice ring to it. Her home is just as lovely as her blog. I asked Heather to introduce her home and here is what she said

"Hi there! I'm Heather from The Lovely Cupboard. I had to pinch myself when Kirsten asked if she could feature my house. Being one of my favorite blogs, I stop by 6th Street often to find design inspiration. I've discovered that my own personal style is a reaction to make my first home, a 1940's Tudor style cottage, feel fresh rather than just old. My husband and I picked our house because we love older homes and the character that comes with them.  While I've always collected antique and vintage pieces, I started feeling like my home was looking more a like a museum than the fresh space I'd envisioned. I started incorporating bold fabrics and new pieces mixed in with flea market finds to make sure that things didn't feel too stuffy. Luckily, I've also inherited some pieces that my family has collected from literally all over the world. These heirlooms add a global feel to my house and have such meaning to me as well. While my to do list for each room seems to keep growing longer, I'm working on being content with the progress we've made so far. I'm always on the hunt for budget-conscience DIY projects to imitate looks I love. Welcome to my home!"














Read more about these chairs here













 












Don't you love that ombre art? Read more about it here




Thank you so much Heather for sharing your home with us! 

Not only is Heather's home beautiful but check out what she did with her classroom


I wish my teachers were this cool when I was in school. 

No comments:

Post a Comment